Monday, March 23, 2009

the perks of being a wallflower I

I am re-reading The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
Different things pop out at you when you revisit a book depending on what you are going through and where you have been since the last time.
I've decided to document the lines that do this time.
See if they change the next.

Here is the start.

"A month later, my sister met another boy and started playing happy records again."
Music says a lot.

"Sometimes, my dad calls her beautiful, but she cannot hear him."
And if you do hear it, you don't always believe it.

"Charlie, we accept the love we think we deserve."
I wonder what I think I deserve.

"Then, I turned around and walked to my room and closed my door and put my head under my pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be."
The quiet puts mine where they shouldn't to be.

No comments: