Monday, April 6, 2009

Gay Prom

I went to Gay Prom with my friend Tyler this weekend.
The theme was Mad Hatters Ball.

I had a lot of fun putting together our outfits.

My dress started out as a plain blue 80s dress.
I had this dress left over from an ugly dress birthday party I had a few years back.
I cinched a little up in the front and added the orange ribbon there along with the waist and a flower in the flower cluster.
I cut the roses out of some fabric I picked up somewhere, and fabric glued them on the bottom half of the dress.
I had already put a lot of effort into the dress, so I based our outfits on that.

For Tys outfit, we hit the thrift stores and found him some slacks, the perfect color blue vest, and a yellow and white striped shirt. We picked up the plain orange hat from a costume store.
I made the cummerbund, which had to be very thick due to the short vest and the bow tie.
They turned out better than I thought they would since sewing isn't my strong point, I have never made either, didn't have a pattern and had no clue where to start.


I made the hairpiece and hat decoration out of orange ribbon that I sewed into roses, tulle, and a few feathers.

We were definitely one of the most colorful sets of people there.
It turned out to be the best prom I have ever attended.

No comments: