Monday, April 20, 2009

the perks of being a wallflower III

"And how different her face looked when she realized boys thought she was pretty. And how different her face looked the first time she really liked a boy who was not on a poster on her wall. And how her face looked when she realized she was in love with that boy."
Ahh, the firsts, how I miss the firsts.

"if she says no, you have to assume she means it..."
If only ever little boy had gotten this advice and followed it.

"Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons."
I just had this.

"I don't know how to dance slow very well either, but I do know how to sway."
Story of my life.

"The inside jokes weren't jokes anymore. They had become stories."
When they are friends this is happens.

"And I could hear all these songs on the radio, but the radio wasn't on."
This seems to happen at the best and worst times of your life.

"So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons.And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things."
We can. We will.

No comments: